Formal Letter (Descriptive Reflection)

Dear Professor Brad,

I'm writing to introduce myself. My name is Andy. I'm a first-year engineering student here for your lesson on communicating and critical thinking. I studied diploma in digital & precision engineering from 2017 to 2020 at Nanyang Polytechnic after studying Nitec aerospace machining technology from 2015 to 2017 at Ang Mo Kio Institute of Technical Education.

Aside from academic interests, since I really believe that we can all benefit from each other's unique areas of expertise, I like networking with people from all walks of life. I have several passions like weightlifting and running because they help me decompress. Due to my love of dealing with plants, I also like gardening. I have planted sunflowers from seeds that produce more seeds and cherry tomato plants that produce fruit so I can keep growing them. 

I picked the engineering degree because I want to study mechanical engineering to advance technology, particularly medical technology. Although I lack a strong foundation in math and physics for engineering, I think my interests and ability to learn quickly by doing will benefit me. 

I do struggle with words because of my dyslexia. Speaking in front of large groups or in a classroom used to make me uncomfortable because of my poor pronunciation, but that has improved. I've also become better at conversing thanks to the encouragement of my teachers and friends. I still struggle with spelling and writing, because there are times when I feel stuck and can't come up with the right word. I do, however, speak confidently. 

My goal for this module is to improve my communication, public speaking, report-writing, and English language skills. I think what sets me apart from others is my perseverance and my dedication to always giving it my all.

Best regards,

Andy


Edited 9 September 

Read

Zi Yan

Kaisan

Xing He

Comments

  1. As a person who is struggling with a condition, I consider that you are doing pretty good still! Although there are grammar mistakes and little bit of issue with the sentencing, the content wise is good. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nazran thanks for taking the time to read my blog appreciate the feedback

      Delete
  2. Dear Andy,

    Thanks for the detailed letter. I appreciate the rich content aligned with the brief, clear organziation and flawless language use. I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Prof Brad thank you for taking the time to read my blog post and I appreciate the complement

      Delete
  3. I like that the intro and overall flow of the letter is very short and concise. I am able to have a better understanding of Andy's strength and weaknesses. It is good that Andy is able to open up about his weaknesses and explain more in details so that readers are able to understand which areas he hopes to improve on . You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zi Yan thanks for taking the time to read my blog post I am glad that you get to know me more from the post

      Delete
  4. Overall, your letter has a very good flow and its very short and concise. Your further explanation with regards to your weakness, gives the readers a better understanding and is able to put themselves in your shoes. Look forward to see more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts