Critial Reflection

Module Learning

I decided at the beginning of the module to improve my communication and language abilities in English.

I learned how to identify issues that I want to focus on and talk about that are pertinent to other people's discussions and that adds depth to the conversation using Paul-critical Elder's thinking framework. This enabled me to speak more clearly and confidently on the topics I wanted to cover. Every time I received criticism or received advice from others, I used this module to learn from my mistakes. I then make an effort to fix my mistakes. Through these, I hope to improve my English by employing new words and speaking fluently and with confidence.

I try to read articles that grab my attention and hang out with friends to hone my critical thinking and communication skills. When they use words I don't understand, I will politely ask them to explain, and they are willing to spend time doing so. I would try to employ the new words and expressions I had learned in conversation and wherever it was appropriate. Even if I make a mistake, I'll learn from it, and the next time I want to use it, I'll keep in mind what I learned the first time and avoid making the same mistakes.

 

I think this is just the beginning of my journey, and I hope to further develop my communication and critical thinking abilities. I intend to do this by increasing my vocabulary by reading more books and articles and watching more English-language television. I'm hoping that by performing these, my English and communication abilities will get better over time.  

Project Learning

I was initially concerned that because we don't know each other well, the team might not function properly. That is not the case, however, as our ideas and ways of thinking are typically quite comparable. The only time we have difficulty is when we must choose one of several design ideas to pursue. We finally came to an agreement on the design and intended purpose of the arms on Udar after extensive research and discussion.

 

I believed that delivering presentations was my strongest skill, and I felt comfortable doing them. I was incorrect, and this module gave me the opportunity to learn from feedback and enhance my presentation skills. I used to worry less about how I looked during presentations, but I've since realized that this is wrong and I'll work to change it. But generally, I was able to talk passionately, hold the audience's interest, and make eye contact while presenting. The idea that slide point forms should be parallel is something else I've learned.

 

Writing has never come naturally to me, but it can be challenging when four people are contributing. We divide the workload, focus on our strengths, make up for one other's limitations, and share knowledge. But occasionally, a new idea results in strange content. I realized that it was crucial to ensure that my job and that of my teammates were related in addition to concentrating on my own contribution. I also discovered how crucial it was to appropriately summarize the facts for others to comprehend. Last but not least, correctly citing and referencing sources is a crucial skill I now possess.

 

Overall, I discovered that it's critical to have understanding when working as a team since you have to consider the perspectives of others. Accepting criticism and not shooting down other members' views are crucial.


For making this English curriculum entertaining for me, I also like to thank Professor Brad Blackstone. I hope to have more chances in the future to learn from you.


25 November 2022

Comments

Popular Posts